Indulge in the cozy and comforting flavors of mushrooms, sausage, and creamy risotto for a delightful dinner at home. This dish is sure to be an instant favorite!
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the Italian sausage over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the mushrooms and onion over medium heat until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Add the Arborio rice to the skillet and stir to coat with the mushroom and onion mixture.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Once all of the broth has been added and absorbed, stir in the cooked sausage, grated parmesan cheese, and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional parmesan cheese and chopped fresh herbs if desired.
Feeds a family of four!