Treat yourself to a delicious dinner with this easy and flavorful shrimp and mushroom stir-fry! Serve it over some rice for an all encompassing meal that will be sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by combining soy sauce, honey, cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water in a bowl. Then heat vegetable oil over high flame in a big skillet or wok.
- Once the oil is hot, add in your shrimp and cook them for 2-3 minutes or until they reach a vibrant pink color. When your shrimp are ready, take them out of the pan and set aside – you’ll thank yourself later when it’s time to eat!
- Throw in sliced mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes until all the vegetables have softened.
- Gently pour the luscious sauce you made earlier over the sizzling vegetables in your skillet and stir to fully coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until it thickens into a delightful glaze.
- Reunite the cooked shrimp with the skillet and stir everything together until it’s perfectly blended.
- Generously season the dish with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, then serve it piping hot alongside a bed of fluffy rice.
This recipe makes enough to feed four hungry mouths!