Satisfy your taste buds with this delicious quiche, made from a delectable blend of earthy mushrooms and sweet roasted red peppers. This savory dish makes for an ideal brunch or lunch option that will tantalize your senses!
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley and thyme)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start off by setting your oven to 375°F and ready the pie dish. Then, roll out a crust before delicately placing it into a 9-inch pan.
- Heat a skillet to medium and gently sauté mushrooms until they are invitingly browned. After this, decorate the ready-made crust with chopped roasted red peppers, place the cooked mushrooms atop it all, then finish by liberally sprinkling shredded Swiss cheese on top.
- In a separate bowl, blend together eggs, milk or half-and-half, chopped herbs, salt and pepper to make the egg mixture. Then pour it over the delightful mushroom and cheese filling within the pie crust for a sensational combination of flavors!
- Place the quiche in your preheated oven, and bake for a period of 35-40 minutes until it has reached its desired level of light golden browning.
- After the baking has concluded, allow your quiche to settle for a few moments before slicing and serving it.
Enjoy this delicious meal with up to six of your favorite people!