This vegetarian pizza is a flavor extravaganza with its irresistible mix of sweet caramelized onions, earthy mushrooms and tangy goat cheese for an added creamy experience!
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start, crank up your oven to 425°F and get ready for some homemade goodness. Roll out the pizza dough onto a floured surface, then carefully place it on either a baking sheet or pizza stone; you’re almost there!e.
- Gently heat a skillet over medium temperature and sauté mushrooms in olive oil until they become tender and lightly browned. Once cooked, remove the mushrooms from the pan and store them for later use.
- In the same skillet, gently sauté onions over medium heat for 20-25 minutes until they reach a rich and golden brown caramelized hue.
- Spread the caramelized onions over the pizza dough, but be sure to leave a 1-inch border around the edge.
- For the ultimate pizza experience, top your pie with sautéed mushrooms and crumbled goat cheese. Finish it off with a generous drizzle of balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle salt and pepper to your preference for added flavor!
- Preheat the oven and bake your pizza until its crust turns a golden brown color and the cheese is melted to perfection with bubbly goodness. It should take around 15-20 minutes for optimal results.
- Once your pizza is finished baking, cut it into slices and enjoy while piping hot.
Perfect for four people, this delicious meal is sure to please!