This easy-to-follow, mouthwatering recipe is perfect for any type of gathering – it can be served at a family dinner or an intimate celebration with your closest friends. The deep flavor of mushrooms beautifully juxtaposes the savory chicken that has been infused with fragrant herbs to create an utterly delicious dish.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, and sage)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place them in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, toss the mushrooms with the chopped herbs and olive oil until coated.
- Spread the mushroom mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the mushrooms are tender.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a green salad.
This recipe is enough to feed four people.