Begin your day in a delicious way with this easy and scrumptious omelet. The earthy, sumptuous flavor of the mushrooms together with the creamy cheese is sure to tantalize your taste buds!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- In a skillet, sauté the mushrooms in butter over medium heat until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, swirling to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the eggs.
- Using a spatula, fold the omelet in half and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked through.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and serve hot.
Perfect for two people – this meal is sure to please!