For those of you who adore mushrooms and bacon, this decadent grilled cheese sandwich is a must-try. The creamy cheese and salty bacon elevate the classic dish to a whole new level – it’s heavenly!
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the mushrooms until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Lay out 4 slices of bread on a flat surface. Top each slice with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Divide the cooked mushrooms and bacon evenly among the slices of bread.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese and the remaining slices of bread.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt the butter in the skillet.
- Cook the sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Slice the sandwiches in half and serve hot
Feeds four people generously!